Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another Exclamation Point

Not real news here, but I'll write it down.  Steve and I received notice that our legal forms are being reviewed.  What's that mean???  All the stuff regarding ex-husbands/wives and mortgage/loans is being looked at to determine that we're not trying to run away from our responsibilities and debts.

In the meantime, we finally got some RAIN!  It's tough to sell a house when everything is brown . . . .

Friday, May 14, 2010

Treading Water

Well, not much going on here, Peace Corps-wise.  Steve and I are still going to all the doctor appointments, having many tests and lab analyses.  My last appointment is next Wednesday, but then I have to wait for lab results, so Steve may still pull ahead in our race to the medical finish.  Wait - that sounds pretty bad, doesn't it?

No real progress on selling the house, either.  We've painted a little to "dumb down" the rooms, packed, given, and thrown away a ton of stuff.  The house has been shown about 25 times, but no offers.  We're waiting till June to consider dropping the price.  Well, actually, we've already decided to do it, but we're waiting till June anyway . . .

. . . BECAUSE on May 30 my son Jeff and his fiance, Stephanie, are getting married!  There are LOTS of fun tasks for that momentous event.  One thing I'm doing (and I LOVE to do) is creating a multimedia presentation for the rehearsal dinner and reception - pictures and graphics, movies and animations, all set to great music.  I'm also practicing doing my own hair so it looks good for the pictures.  That's pretty important ;--)

Steve is in Alabama right now with his sisters, Nancy and Carol.  He was going to his 45th high school reunion and told them about it. The next thing you know, they had all planned a major walk down memory lane to see friends and places they knew when they were kids. 

So I'm just bachin' it this week - teaching Zumba classes by day (Eight classes this week. I am TIRED!) and watching chick flicks every night. 

Are you still awake?  It's OK - I think it's boring, too.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Focusing our Energy on Medical Clearance

Steve here --- This is an exciting time in the process for us to become Peace Corps volunteers. We will go to Africa in October if we pass the rigorous medical clearance. Every organ system that has ever had a symptom has to be checked out by an expert in that discipline of medicine. Cathy and I are having an undeclared race to finish first with all the consultants. It is also important to have every line on every form completed.

My secret weapon is a returning Peace Corps volunteer I worked with in the emergency room many years ago. He was such an outstanding resident physician that I asked him to be my family doctor when he finished training. After all these years he has remained true to his values that were part of his experience in the Peace Corps. He is working on the comprehensive form for me. Cathy’s edge is that she is younger and has fewer organ systems that have had speed bumps along the road of life. We understand that 85% of the volunteers that complete the medical forms make it to the next level. My question is what happens to the other 15%. We both hope that no new problems with our health will be discovered during the process.