Saturday, July 3, 2010

Medical stuff turned in

Cathy here.  We continue to wait (on the edge of impatience) for news about our assignment.  I have completed all my medical screenings and have sent in the very thick packet of paperwork.  Fingers crossed, y'all.  I received a confirmation email that the PC received the paperwork, with the caution that
"Peace Corps received the results of your physical exam on June 29, 2010. If the program you are nominated for is not scheduled to leave in the next 4 months you may not hear from Medical until the time of departure is closer. Currently those programs scheduled to leave in the next 4 months are being reviewed. For applicants leaving within 4 months Peace Corps may request additional medical information. Please respond quickly to these requests."


So I'm focusing on that line about "scheduled to leave in the next 4 months."  I guess October is 4 months away, so maybe they'll go ahead and start the review of the docs.  


Steve goes to see his last doctor next Tuesday.  Here's hoping that pulling together all the test results and myriad "attachments" required is a speedy process.


By the way, my primary care physician, Cecelia McKay, must have spent MANY hours working on my stuff.  I saw the statement from BCBS and it was over $1500.  She didn't charge me a cent!  She is just too cool!

No comments: